Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Apartment fire on Newton Street displaces 75 people

Scary story from the Post, there was a big fire in an apartment building at 1512 Newton Street NW, leaving about 75 people without a place to stay. The building is without power, so the folks affected are staying at a temporary shelter.

The article says the fire could have been related to code violations -- this just goes to show that if you think your place has unsafe conditions, go here and schedule an inspection or call the emergency inspection number.

No comments: