Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Cool "Resist" landscaping on Sherman Avenue house


The other day I was walking down Sherman and spotted this house, with RESIST spelled in rocks in their garden as well as a sign with a lot of progressive values. Pretty neat way to show your opinions. The house also had some pride flags and others. I like living in an area with lots of political sentiment.

Anyone else notice political houses? I'm reminded of the house on 13th that has the alien in the window with various political signs.


2 comments:

Colin said...

I don't really see the point in loudly proclaiming fashionable political opinions that 95% of your neighbors are in full agreement with, but maybe that's just me. While I have no desire to return to the suburbs I grew up in, in retrospect I do appreciate that people seemed to keep their politics to themselves. Also, does "resist" signify anything more than "oppose"? If not, what's the point?

Andrew W said...

Could be -- I see the echo chamber argument, but maybe it would inspire others to get active