It's super nice out there, and makes me want to get outside and have a drink or meal with some friends. Here are my favorite patios in the area -- miss any? Leave yours in the comments.
- Wonderland at 11th and Kenyon has to be the standard: lots of tables, huge beers and odds are you'll run into somebody you know
- Union Drinkery at 3216 Georgia has a back patio with big picnic tables: outdoors but hidden, a nice hanging spot for their delicious, inexpensive cocktails and tasty beers
- Colony Club at 3118 Georgia also has a back patio with rustic wood. They have some good light beers, perfect for an outdoor hang
- Georgia Avenue in general: you can't go wrong with Bravo, Midlands, Looking Glass, DC Reynolds and so on all have outdoor areas
- Room 11 at 11th and Lamont: nice cocktails and good wine outdoors, what could be better?
- Red Rocks at 11th and Park has a nice happy hour with drinks and snacks
- Red Derby and Lyman's at 14th and Quincy: the two neighbors have outdoor spaces with bars, so it's easy to get a drink and hang out.
- And finally, not a patio, but Meridian Hill Park is a nice option for a picnic. Don't bring kegs or cases of beer though, it's still a national park.