Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Got an issue with sidewalks, trash, graffiti, more? Call 311 or use the city's website

I've long been a proponent of 311, the city's call center where you can report any number of things: trash not picked up, illegal dumping, bad road or sidewalk conditions, and a lot more -- I used it a fair amount to report businesses not shoveling during the blizzard, for instance.

And recently it seems like they've been more responsive: reports on a big pothole on Spring Road and on the damaged park at 14th and Oak have had pretty quick responses.

It's a pretty great system, and you don't have to call: you can also use the city's site, as well as phone apps like SeeClickFix, which is what I mostly use and which reports directly into 311.

You really can do anything with 311: request garbage cans, get bulk trash pickup, ask for a dead animal to be picked up, street sign replacement, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't advertise in the comments, and please enter some kind of name when you comment instead of being anonymous.

If the post is more than 28 days old, your comment must be approved first.