Thursday, December 10, 2015

Where's all the holiday decorations in our neighborhood?

The holiday season is upon us, but it seems like Columbia Heights is not in the spirit this year. I haven't seen many houses or businesses with decorations up, which is a shame.

To me, whether it's Christmas, Hannukah (happy Hannukah, by the way,) Kwanzaa, Festivus or just generic winter stuff, it makes the neighborhood more fun, brighter and more friendly. Kids love them and a lot of big kids love them too.

And it doesn't have to be expensive either: CVS, Annie's Ace Hardware and Target all have inexpensive lights and garlands and such. 

Maybe it's the warm weather? The bad news in the media? I hope we aren't just grinches. Let's put up some decorations!

If you've spotted any good ones, let me know. I snapped the above picture at Le Caprice Bakery at 14th and Newton.


Anonymous said...

The 3800 block of Kansas Ave has about six houses with decorations up.

Gilberto Garcia said...

Hey everyone!

Make sure to check out for some important info. about the Columbia Heights/Mt.Pleasant area.

The website is about gentrification and the importance to add bilingual signs in order to make the area a better place for all!

If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free to reach me at my e-mail:

Sandra said...

Obsessed with this! So cool!