Thursday, June 18, 2015

Update on the Airedale coming to 3605 14th: European beer garden and gastropub aiming for August



The other day I wrote about the Airedale, which is coming to the old Mad Momo's space at 3605 14th Street NW, just south of Spring Road. I didn't have much info aside from the business card in the window that said "Europub+beer garden," so I did some sleuthing and found the owner, Ben Jordan.

Here's what he had to say. It sounds pretty awesome.
Thanks so much for your interest! Our concept is a modern European beer garden with gastropub cuisine. We will be making full use of the 3 outdoor spaces as well as adding 8 more draft lines to bring the capacity to 15 beers (we will have 1 line of prosecco on draft). We are currently working on licensing and getting our team together but we plan to open in August. Our website will launch on the 1st of July.
That's fairly soon as restaurant openings go, but the inside was already really nice, so I expect that part won't take very long. I hope to see them soon, sounds like a nice addition to the area. The three areas he mentions are the big back patio area, the first floor balcony and the patio seats on 14th Street.


10 comments:

IsmeSon said...

Prosecco on tap! This is GLORIOUS news! I cannot wait to get refreshed there.

OrderedChaos said...

Fantastic news! Looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing. Now if we can only get MPD to get all the drunks off the street! Sick of them harassing people walking to businesses on this stretch.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope for a solid food menu. So many good options in that genre!

Anonymous said...

More pupuserias!

Andrew W said...

I love pupusas too, but there are three within a couple blocks of this location.

Anonymous said...

Drunks on the street?! Councilmember Brianne Nadeau would call those her constituents! Seriously though, time for the businesses on this stretch to get the liquor store on the corner of 14th and Parkwood closed.

Anonymous said...

Is that liquor store the problem? I've always wondered. I see cops sitting in cars, but never getting out. Surely, something can be done if people are publicly so drunk they can't stand up or are harassing people? I agree Brianne Nadeau doesn't care. She is a huge disappointment.

Andrew W said...

I don't agree about Nadeau not caring, she's always been very responsive when I've contacted her. She got the park at 14th and Parkwood fixed quickly once I emailed about it. I don't think it's the liquor store, I think it's the people -- and I can't tell if they shop there or get drunk somewhere else. I am frequently seeing police up there dealing with drunk people. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Nadeau doesn't care, but it appears that way. I see a lack of leadership and aside from pushing more affordable housing, I don't know what her priorities though. Meanwhile, Columbia Heights is crime ridden. Give her props on the community meeting it it was about 5 months too late. Let's also see what actually come from the meeting. Will we see an improvement?
----
That being said, I don't know what Nadeau can do about 14th St. Until the businesses get organized or form an association to work together, nothing will happen. The new condos will help. More retail and restaurants will also help. However, some of these businesses appear to be fronts for illegal activity. The pool hall runs prostitiues. Synthetic marihuana is being sold from many of the corner and liquor stores. Those are things that Nadeu can coordinate with MPD. I just doubt she will since it's not related to affordable housing.