Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cool new sign at Zeba Bar on 14th (and awesome happy hour)

So it's not breaking news, but I noticed the other day that Zeba Bar at 14th and Newton got a great looking new sign.

If you haven't been, it's a neat spot, and sort of two things in one: relaxed neighborhood bar and hookah spot with awesome happy hour deals, plus a big dance floor and back patio area with dancing and DJs and live music -- I've seen Black Marsala, a Balkan folk/punk band there, a few times, and it's a blast. Some other buddies are big fans of the various DJ nights and deals that go with them.

The happy hour deals are pretty awesome too: every day from 5-8, it's $5 drafts, $4 select cocktails, $3 Miller, Corona and Blue Moon  bottles, 1/2 price pizza, $4 wings and 50% off hookahs. That's a lot of stuff.

Zeba Bar is at 3423 14th Street NW.


Anonymous said...

I wish I could support Zeba bar, but the fact that I can hear their music and the people out front screaming two blocks away with my windows closed dampens my appreciation of their presence in our neighborhood. I also experienced horrible service the one time I went there. I was sitting at the bar and the place was nearly empty so there was no excuse.

Michael said...

I'm gonna have to agree with the above. While it's refreshing to see a business succeeding in our neighborhood, they're awful neighbors, and I wish there were a way to hold this guy accountable.

Anonymous said...

More pupuserias!

Jacqui said...

I agree with the previous comments made about this place, and I'd like to add that their sandwich board sign takes up valuable space an already extremely narrow sidewalk. I find that so inconsiderate. The two times I've been there I found the service to be inattentive and downright rude, both times. I haven't been back since.

Anonymous said...

Zeba is a awesome space to come with friends or alone. Happy Hour is a must and you can't beat the prices or the hours!!! I always recommend everyone to stop by and enjoy!!!