Friday, June 13, 2014

The dancing silver robot guy on 14th Street: yay or nay?


A few times I've seen and mostly ignored the guy who is painted silver and dances on a box at 14th and Irving -- he's sort of unusual. He dances to music coming out of a boombox, but I feel like half the time he's just standing or talking with somebody, or sort of half-assing it -- the other day I passed him and he was kind of dancing to Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time" while drinking a Gatorade. It was pretty funny.

So what do you think? Cool guy or no? I think he adds some interesting local flavor, and I suppose he's better than the Black Hebrew Israelites who yell crazy stuff outside the Metro on their megaphones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He may not be all that different from the crazy ranters you've mentioned; I've seen him on the metro providing a rambling on about some religious theme or another. Guy has skills, though.

karna said...

I have always known this gentleman as the Tin Man. While I have never seen him on the metro, he pretty much keeps to himself when he is performing. He will answer questions and only asks that you provide a donation (which goes to his church) before taking a picture. I feel that he creates a vibrant and pleasant environment (much like the Music Man http://newcolumbiaheights.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-story-of-music-man-guy-with-bike.html).

Anonymous said...

He's harmless. If you don't care for his act just keep walking.