Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Another wacky commuter in the neighborhood: guy on a Segway

A couple of years ago I regularly spotted a guy riding a Razor scooter down 14th Street in the mornings -- I thought that was interesting and a little funny, but hey, more power to you, guy. He's saving money and getting some exercise on his morning commute.

Then the other day I spotted a guy in a suit riding a Segway down 14th in the morning, presumably on his way to work. I didn't get a chance to take a photo but tweeted it, and got a couple of responses who've seen the same suited, hat-wearing guy for some time. Maybe because he had a suit and no helmet, he didn't look like as much of a goofball as fanny-packed tourists and DC cops who ride Segways -- though I'm not sure I'd recommend no helmet on 14th Street.

Just another interesting thing about our neighborhood -- you always see something unusual.


Caterina said...

I used to see him all the time zipping down Irving around 14th.

Tara Innes said...

When we used to live near dupont there was another guy who used to commute on a segway. I think he wore a helmet though.