Friday, May 9, 2014

Know a good place to frame posters and photos?

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Ikea to get some things for the house, including frames for some posters and photos. And of course, the frames I got didn't fit the things I had. Target didn't quite fit the bill either.

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably-priced framing store in the area? Or even a place that has lots of frames of various sizes. It seems that my posters and prints I want to frame are too tall and skinny for most regular sized frames.

Leave your suggestions in the comments!

Cornelius Gysbrechts, "The reverse of a framed painting," 1670


Rockandroar said...

Didn't you measure the posters you wanted to frame and buy frames based on those exact measurements?
Frame shops are not in any way cheap, so unless these are rare prints, or extremely sentimental, or you're super rich, I don't think you'll find what you're looking for at a frame shop.
I would take measurements and use Amazon Prime if they're unusual sized frames you're looking for.

Jon said...

Framing is never going to be cheap. I recommend getting a DIY kit at Michaels or something (Or Amazon).

If you are going to get something framed professionally, I've had good experiences at Picture Frame Factory in Adams Morgan.

Anonymous said...

The Framers Workroom in Tenleytown is the place. It is a DIY shop that has all of the materials to fit any type of art or photograph.

Anonymous said...

michaels has framing "separates" where you buy the side bars and the top bars separately. Michaels frame shop can customer cut glass and backing for you, then you can assemble the whole thing with a screwdriver at home.