Friday, October 18, 2013

Check out what the TGI Friday's coming to 14th and Monroe will look like inside

As you may recall, chain restaurant TGI Friday's is opening a 290 seat location at 14th and Monroe, in the Samuel Kelsey building. They don't have a date that I've seen

The Park View DC blog reached out about the interior, and the company sent them a video of what interiors look like. Kind of interesting to see. It's not this exact store but an idea of the inside.

I wrote before about how I think this isn't a great use of the space. I'm sure it'll make money and be popular, but I just wish there was something more interesting. I also hope it's better than the one in Foggy Bottom, that one has terrible and slow service.

But maybe I'm a grump. Are you excited about this?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not excited. Disappointed. TGI Friday has absolutely terrible "food".

Anonymous said...

TGI Fridays across the street from Ruby Tuesdays is exactly the WRONG direction for Columbia Heights to be taking. But I guess it's better than a liquor store or Chinese take-out restaurant that sells subs.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this sucks.

Anonymous said...

The good news is that in the coming Friday's vs. Ruby Tuesday war, there will be a loser.

Though, in the end, we all sort of lose.

Andrew W said...

I have a feeling that both will thrive.

Anonymous said...

Is Ruby Tuesday thriving? I never see anyone in there -- only people hanging out front.

Amelia said...

I'm on board with this 'grump' you speak of. Not excited for this to join the community.