Tuesday, March 26, 2013

People, clean up your dog's poop!!!


I don't understand what's wrong with people sometimes: the other day I saw this little flotilla of dog turds on a sidewalk on 14th Street. It wasn't even really close to a tree box. I know dogs do their business where they choose, but at least give it a shot.

And no matter where Spuds chooses to poop, it's super easy to carry a plastic bag with you, pick up the result, and toss it into a garbage can. The cans are usually not more than a block away in any direction. Thankfully I didn't step in this archipelago of poo, but they were certainly step-in-able. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we sure this wasn't some kids poop?

Andrew W said...

Haha. Well, let's hope it's not.

Mike said...

Dude, I hit a poop archipelago today. I'm with you on this rant.

Lindsey said...

I watched a homeless man poop in Dupont Circle one time. He picked it up with some newspaper and put it in his pocket. We could all learn a little lesson from this man.

Anonymous said...

I'm a dog owner, and I agree. It shouldn't even have to be said, but apparently some people need to be reminded... Cleaning up after your dog is your responsibility as a dog owner! And leaving your dog's poop around the city is gross and rude!

I'll even take it a step farther and say that it's almost equally disguisting when people let their dogs pee on buildings or sidewalks. There are grass patches everywhere... use one. No one wants to smell or walk in dog urine!

KevInDC said...

Flowers used to bloom wherever our dogs used to poop :( Maybe DC needs MORE poop?

Mike said...

Seriously, clean it up. It only takes a second. Or if not, pay someone to do it for you. lol....here...

Anonymous said...

To anonymous - I agree with you (and always clean up my dogs poop). The urine thing on the other hand can be quite hard to control. I don't think anyone WANTS their dog to pee on the sidewalk - it just kinda happens sometimes. Yesterday he just stopped and went in the middle of a crowded sidewalk and it was quite embarrassing :(