Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New food truck, El Farolito, serving tortas at 14th and Irving

Today I noticed a new food truck called Tortas El Farolito stationed on 14th between Irving and Kenyon. The truck serves Mexican tortas (sandwiches) plus tostadas, a type of flat tacos. The man at the counter said they just opened a bit ago and they plan to be there every weekday evening. He said during the day they're usually downtown.

Sandwiches range from $7 to $9 and include a torta milanesa with breaded chicken, refried beans, cheese, guacamole, lettuce and tomato, one called pollo enchilado with pulled chicken and adobo sauce, pulled beef with homemade sauce, and a couple others. The tostadas are with the same ingredients. I asked the guy which one I should get and he recommended the milanesa. I also got a Jarritos soda for $2.

In short, it was pretty tasty. I think eating it soon would be a better idea, as by the time I got home it was a little cold, but it was good. The chicken was tender and the beans and guacamole were nice. It wasn't amazing, but definitely a decent and quick meal. 

No comments: