New Year's Eve is upon us, and a lot of local spots are doing things -- or not doing anything, in some cases. Here's what I've managed to find:
- DC Reynolds is doing nothing! Sometimes this is a good thing if you don't want a crazy, expensive evening. No cover, no dress code, etc., and a New Year's Day brunch.
- The Red Derby is also a good bet for a low-key evening. I've ended up there a few NYEs. They're also going to have a Hair of the Dog Brunch on the 1st.
- Likewise with Kangaroo Boxing Club, no cover.
- Blue Banana will have no cover and a DJ, plus free champagne at midnight, or a $40 open bar. More info here.
- The Pinch at 3548 14th Street NW has a live blues band, Johnny Grave and the Tombstones, and no cover. Here's the Facebook event for it.
- Meridian Pint has a $45 prix fixe dinner with complimentary craft beer toast, and reservations are recommended. More here.
- Room 11 will be serving their normal menu, plus some holiday extras like Hoppin' John, truffles, caviar, and a lot more. Sounds tasty.
- Wonderland has a $5 cover with free champagne of beer (i.e. Miller High Life) toast at midnight and New Year's Day brunch.
- Acre 121 has a $10 cover and party favors, plus a live bluegrass band, the Family Hammer. Info here.
- Pete's Apizza is closing at 9 pm.
And if you know of any other going-on, post them in the comments!