Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Black-Eyed Susie vintage store closing on October 13, big sale on now

Some sad news from 14th Street: I got a message from Black-Eyed Susie, the vintage shop at 14th and Meridian: they're closing in October. Here's the note:
Unfortunately, today I am writing to tell you that sadly I will be closing up shop in mid-October. Even with the loss of It's Vintage, Darling this summer and now Black-Eyed Susie I am very hopeful that new, cute, boutique-y small business will try to open up here in Columbia Heights with better success. Until then, everything is heavily discounts until we close our doors.

I had a great time running the store. It was a dream of mine that I am very lucky to have been able to try. Hopefully something awesome will come to the corner.

They opened in about January 2011, and you should definitely pay them a visit before they close. I wish Susie the best of luck and definitely hope for success for more neat little stores in the neighborhood.

Here's their Facebook page with some updates.

No comments: