Monday, April 16, 2012

Confirmed: DCUSA Best Buy not closing

Looks like we'll be keeping our local Best Buy. A tipster sent me this, a press release from the company confirming which stores will be closed, and the DCUSA location is not among them. I also spoke to a worker at the store on Saturday and he said they wouldn't be closing.

I think this is a good thing, despite the bad reviews I've seen and heard about the store. I'd rather keep something there than not have anything. Your thoughts?

3 comments:

Eric said...

I am with you -- something is better than nothing; there was no guarantee that the space would get snapped up. Plus I never experienced the poor service that others reported. But then I find that there seem to be a lot of whiny folks here ready to complain about just any retailer in the hood.

Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Williams said...

Same here... count me among the fans of the Columbia Heights Best Buy. It's super convenient to have it there for all my electronics needs... plus, I love browsing through the store for the latest doo-dads. The service is meh... I can usually answer questions better myself after online research than they can (although there are a few all-stars who work in the TV and Video Game departments). All in all, better there than nothing at all.