Want to work for Jim Graham? Ward 1's councilmember (Columbia Heights is in Ward 1) has been posting a job opening on various listserves. Take a look!
I have an opening on my staff for the fulltime position of Media Director. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
The key responsibilities of the position are:
* writing press materials, engaging press
* preparing talking points and some speeches
* scheduling and coordinating media interviews and events
* creating and maintaining content for my website and social media sites
* monitoring local media outlets and preparing morning press clips
This position requires very good writing, editing, and research skills. Applicants must be able to work quickly on tight deadlines, and be able to multi-task. Candidates should also be proficient in Windows-based office applications - Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. Website development and basic IT skills are also preferred
Prior experience in D.C. government, public relations, or media desired.
Applicants must be D.C. residents, preferably living in Ward 1.
Salary to be discussed, but in the area of $50k.
Applications deadline: 5 PM, January 20, 2012
To apply, please send your resume to me, at email@example.com
Bests, Councilmember Jim Graham