New Year's Eve is upon us, and we have lots of options in the neighborhood, both of the fancy and the laid back varieties. There's no cover unless noted.
- Mama Chuy DC, the new taqueria on Georgia that I really liked, is having some fun stuff: two seatings with drink specials and pinatas. It's $15 in advance or $20 at the door, and that pays for the food and a glass of sangria
- Acre 121 has a $60/$100 three course dinner, or a $10 cover for midnight champagne toast, with a bluegrass band. More here.
- The Heights has two different packages, three courses for $37 and $49
- Wonderland has DJ Maestro starting at 10 pm
- Looking Glass has a similar deal, DJ Itchy Mitch starting at 10 and a champagne toast at midnight. I hope he gets some lotion.
- The Washingtonian (which has a list of no-cover options) reports this about Room 11: “We’re anti-cover,” says Room 11 chef-owner Ben Gilligan, when asked about the NYE plan this year. “I think Dan is making a big bowl of punch.” Their website elaborates:
Join us New Year’s Eve as we celebrate with St Germain! No Cover! No Prix Fixe! Expect cocktail & punch specials, St. Germain giveaways, half bottles of Champagne, and several of Chef Ben’s tasty food specials! More details to come…
- And then on New Year’s Day, join us for our Hangover Brunch! We will be open from noon to 9pm, serving food till 8pm. It will surely help your aching head!
- Red Derby is doing nothing, aside from opening their roof deck, so that's a possibility for those not into craziness. Last time I was there they also offered a free champagne toast. They're having a "hair of the dog" brunch too.
- Update: Red Rocks has a $50 dinner for two with a bottle of wine, starter, two pizzas and a dessert
- Update #2: Lou's City Bar is doing $5 Absolut drinks and no cover, thanks to commenter Jon
- Meridian Pint,
Red Rocks, Lou's City Barand Zeba Bar don't seem to be doing anything
And if you know of any other options, let us know in the comments.