Wednesday, October 5, 2011

New policy at Giant: all registers open from 4-8 pm

Looks like Giant has heard customer complaints.

The other day in the store I was given this flyer, which says there's a new "Tivoli Giant Promise": that every register will be open from 4-8 pm, and if one isn't, you'll get a free rotisserie chicken. There's also an asterisk, but the asterisk isn't explained, which is weird.

In any case, this sounds good to me. It's gotten better in the last year or so, but it can still be quite slow there, even if the lines are short. Hopefully this helps get people through quicker. I know I've been going to Target for basic grocery shopping a fair amount.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The asterisk should read that only functioning registers count. If one is broken it won't be open.

ChrisB said...

I'd shop at Target more often if their meat wasn't an unhealthy shade of red.

GforGood said...

The asterix = "Except on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. oh and Thursday as well, sorry."

Sara said...

But -- shop at your own risk. Around 8pm Monday night, there was a fight in the back of the store. Two kids were punching an older customer, knocking him to the ground and screaming at him. However, checkout was a breeze!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a vegetarian, but what if I was? Do I get a free tofurkey?

Justin said...

I've stopped going there because you have to tell the self checkout man/woman how many bags you want. Once she asks, how many bags you want? 8? she goes, we'll start with 3. I looked at her.. left my basket on the checkout and went to teeter.

I'd do the lanes, but it seems no one in that store can bag groceries ever since this stupid 5c tax it seems all their employees can't remember what a bag can handle. I'd gladly bag my own groceries on either lane but often even the end of the lanes bags are gone. I could bring my own bags, but sorry, I use the bags in the home for trash. And I just don't want to lug around reusable bags. 50c in bags is less than the $$ it costs when a bag explodes on the sidewalk.

Kirby said...

I only go into that hellhole when I have no time to go elsewhere. Harris Teeter is 100x the store Giant is.

Danny said...

This is great. I love that they are trying to keep up with the ever growing population of the area. As a shopper there several times a week, I look forward to the progress.

Keep it positive people.