Friday, August 5, 2011

Z-Burger in the Tivoli opening "Summer 2011"

Just got a heads-up from a reader: the Z-Burger that's coming to the Tivoli building has a sign up that reads "opening Summer 2011." Considering summer is winding down and the last time I looked in it seemed pretty far along, I'm guessing we'll have some burgers pretty soon.

The last I heard was that the space, which used to be Nori and before that Mayorga, was getting split in two, with retail (i.e. restaurant) downstairs and offices upstairs. Probably a good thing, as it's kind of an awkward space. Let's hope Z-Burger lasts longer than the previous two tenants. Not sure what the other space is going to be, aside from office use.

Z-Burger is a local chain, and I've never been. Anybody like it? How is it compared to Five Guys?

10 comments:

Kirby said...

Never been, but everything I've read is that the burgers are fine, but the onion rings are to die for.

Lord Dark Helmet said...

I've been to the one off Wisconsin across from the fire station a handful of times.

Burgers are decent, onion rings top notch, and milk shakes are okay. It will definitely be a welcome addition to Tivoli though.

I keep peeking in and I don't see how this is going to open before Summer's gone. I feel like the Margot's Chair, even with a later start, looks further along than Z-Burger.

Brian said...

Any good veg options?

Anonymous said...

Probably not the best for bringing value up to the neighborhood... Why not a Taco Bell???!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know anything about z-burger? ie... who owns the?

Their website has virtually no info....

Andrew said...

As far as I know it's a local independent chain.

suitablegirl said...

They serve my favorite veggie burger in D.C.; it's made with black beans. The fries aren't bad and I like their shakes, too. Do we know if this one will have shakes, though? Glover doesn't, Tenley does. I like it more than Five Guys and have heard the same good things about the onion rings.

crabels said...

In many ways, Z-Burger seems like a deliberate attempt to copy the Five Guys' model: big, sloppy burgers with lots of optional add-ons, huge servings of fries w/ or w/o "cajun" style seasoning. If you like Five Guys, you'll like Z-Burger, and if not then you'll hate this place, too. In my opinion, the best thing about Z-Burger are its milkshakes (Amaretto....mmmm....), however only one of its two locations on Wisconsin serves them, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if they'll have them at this new location.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure they'll have shakes at the Columbia Heights location - I think they're going to use the theater's old ticket booth (on the corner) as a little shake ordering booth!

Kirby said...

The sign in the "ticket window" mentions shakes, so I can't imagine that they won't have them.