Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Belated, but cool, 4th of July fireworks video

So the 4th of July was a few weeks ago, but I recently got this cool video from a reader of some of the sidewalk fireworks at 13th and Otis. Must have been pretty crazy to be in one of those cars driving by.

You'll note the parked cars have a tarp or blanket or something over them. I guess that's good!


Artie said...

i live across the street from these guys and can confirm they were packing some serious heat that night. they did at least 5 or 6 waves of professional quality fireworks. really cool! i'm glad i never have to hike to the mall to get a a+ fireworks show as long as i live here.

Cyfred said...

Professional quality fireworks should really be handled by professionals, or at least by responsible adults. I don't go to the mall because the fireworks on my street are being shot towards my house by 12-year-olds.

Anonymous said...

I live a few doors down from these folks. I went down to the Mall to see the fireworks, so I didn't get to see their show. By the time I got home, they were pretty much finished; the kids were mostly just playing with sparklers. They set off a few more rounds when I was inside, but thankfully, they weren't shooting them off until the wee hours of the morning. Additionally, they cleaned up after themselves.