Friday, April 8, 2011

Need beer for your gov't shutdown party? Giant has weird mixed 6-packs!

A reader sent this in, pretty funny:
Thought you might get a kick out of this. Giant found a way to sell their rogue beers.  You can find these lovely cellophane wrapped- variety packs on the sales shelf in the back.  Who doesn't want two bud lights, one shock top, one bud heavy and a few sam adams?  Sadly.  No price listed.


K.C. said...

Thats awesome. Can you pick out your own beers, or are they a grab-pack? We used to be able to create our own 6-packs back in NY where I grew up (sadly, I was under 21 and unable to take advantage).

I think it would be great to be able to create a craft-beer 6 pack!

Thos. said...

I was at Giant on Monday night and stumbled upon three shopping carts stocked full long necks in the beer aisle, whereupon I rapidly built myself two mixed sixers that essentially recreated the Sam Adams American Originals 12-pack...but better.

They rang me up at $4 for each six pack, not sure if that's still what they are charging now though.

Anonymous said...

Many of the abandoned beer bottles in the Giant today are a result of speculative land development of the housing bubble. An indirect result of developments like the Allegro. Ironic isn't it.

Not W Jordan