Friday, March 18, 2011

Can you recommend a gym other than Washington Sports Club?

Just received this email from a reader. Can anyone help them out? What would you suggest?
I've been living here for 4 years and have always been a member of the Washington Sports Club on 14th.  I'm noticing that it's getting more and more crowded there, and the service seems to be getting worse and worse with the packed house.  Do you know of any other gyms potentially coming to the neighborhood?  Not yoga or some gimmick gym, but another competitor to WSC.  Some choice would sure be nice.

6 comments:

Ulaana said...

I hear the columbia heights community center on Girard has gym facilities

Jason B said...

I have been a member of WSC for over 10 years and just canceled my membership because it is so crowded there.

CHCP said...

I cancelled my membership for the same reason. I've been using the DC pools and City Fitness in Cleveland Park [http://www.cityfitnessgym.com]

THOR said...

Regarding the crowding... local gyms are still impacted by the New Year's Resolution crowd. Most of them will have given up in another month or so.

wali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saurabh said...

there have been rumors the space above Meridian pint will be a small gym. but i haven't seen anything lately.

if you go in the mornings or after 7pm it is usually empty btw...and trust me i hate WSC, especially the staff...but for me WSC is a necessary evil until competition arrives.