Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Help a grad student with her thesis about Columbia Heights

A local grad student is writing about Columbia Heights, and she needs your help. She has an anonymous online survey here and is hoping to get a lot of responses from local residents. Please take a look. Here's her note from the South Columbia Heights listserve:

My name is Kara Hadge, and I'm a graduate student at Georgetown University in the Communication, Culture, & Technology program. For my master's thesis, I'm studying local online media in Columbia Heights and their impact on community life in the neighborhood. As part of my study, I'm conducting a survey to see what blogs, list-servs, social media, and other news sources Columbia Heights residents follow to stay informed about the neighborhood. You can find the survey (which is short -- only about 5 minutes!) at if you are interested in participating.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at All individual survey responses will be kept confidential, and no identifying information will published about any survey participants. Anyone under age 18 must have a parent's permission to participate.

Thank you for your help! I'll share my findings with you when the study is complete, and I hope they'll provide you with some useful information on finding and spreading news to the Columbia Heights community.


Kara Hadge


John said...

The survey link seems to be broken!

joe said...

There's a comma at the end of the link, if you copy it and delete the trailing comma it works fine.

Andrew said...

Thanks, fixed