Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Excessive morning construction noise at 14th and Irving constrution site?

Construction noise can annoying, but at 6 am it's terrible. I've heard from a reader who lives near the Upper Cardozo Health Center on 14th just south of Irving, and apparently they've been making lots of noise very, very early in the morning.

The reader did some research, and the ANC reported they're only allowed to do work between 7 am and 7 pm, and they didn't have an extended hours permit that would allow 6 am banging. Here's an intro to illegal construction, and page 17 of this document has the noise regulations.

The reader reports they weren't out there this morning, so maybe they stopped. Let's hope so!

Anyone else notice the loud banging and such in that area?

7 comments:

Tom Veil said...

I have noticed, but I'm such a deep sleeper that I haven't been woken up by it yet.

Anonymous said...

Noise in Columbia Heights? OH NO, there goes the neighborhood.

Get over it. you will survive a minor inconvenience.

Anonymous said...

I heard some loud banging this morning, but then I realized it was my neighbor and his lady friend - ZING!

Anonymous said...

I have noticed the noise, it has woken me up every single day during the week. But, I will survive.

Anonymous said...

Does anybody know when the construction is supposed to be finished?

Anonymous said...

The construction has been going on for at least a couple months now, and is VERY loud each morning, even on Saturday. I think that it typically begins around 7 or 8 AM.

Andrew said...

Commenters, please report this to @dcra on twitter, they've been following up on it.