Saturday, November 13, 2010

IHOP sign goes up, soft opening Nov. 16, opens Nov. 23

The IHOP in DCUSA is a flurry of activity today, and for good reason - it opens very soon.

A reader snapped this shot at about 1:15 pm today of the DCUSA IHOP sign going up, and I walked by about an hour ago and saw a bunch of staff in IHOP shirts and nametags being trained.

ANC commish Sedrick Muhammad tweeted 2 days ago that the soft opening is Nov. 16 and the full opening is Nov. 23.

The place looks nearly complete inside, with lots of booths and a buffet/salad bar set up - the second photo is from the IHOP DCUSA Twitter.

And as you may recall, the place will be open 24 hours a day.

So, what do you think? Excited for some late night (and anytime) eats, or less-than-enthused?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like fine dining as often as possible but I still like IHOP. I love those pancakes! I'm excited to have it nearby. Let's face it, CH is turning into a Big Box neighborhood (for right now). I say embrace it... WTH.

Anonymous said...

The 11th Street commercial strip is all small neighborhood businesses and far from big box style.

Kirby said...

I can't wait, even though I'm on a diet and really shouldn't be eating there!

Anonymous said...

Kirby

You must not know about IHOP's new simple and fit menu...all items under 600 calories.

Anonymous said...

I just love IHOPS pancakes and omelets- delicious! What a great add on to the area!
Tiffany

chinchillakwak said...

I'm not a fan of IHOP, but this is good for late night pancakes and gluttony