Monday, September 13, 2010

Capital Bikeshare station going up at 14th and Harvard

Capital Bikeshare, the bike sharing service I've written about before, looks like it's close to opening. They just installed this bike share station at 14th and Harvard, which I believe is a new location. The last time I wrote about them, there wasn't a 14th and Harvard spot.



The service is supposed to be launched this Fall, not sure an exact date. However, considering this station got built pretty quickly, I would hope it's soon.

7 comments:

Vicky said...

These keep appearing! Everywhere! How far are the bikes going to stick out on the sidewalk, though?

joe said...

They're normal sized bikes, so I'd say from the looks of it the back wheel will just touch the sidewalk.

Oh, and they bikeshare program is supposed to go live next Monday, the 20th and they've been rolling out stations at a rate of ~5 a day for a week and a half from what I hear.

Pastor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kallie said...

i walked by some new bike share racks at 16th and harvard on a road median this morning as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm just pumped it's not run by ClearChannel anymore

R Weber said...

If people want to help, registered members of Bike Share are going to meet on Sept 20th at the main HQ near Navy Yard and ride the bikes out to the stations en masse. I think they still need more riders. For details, contact Megan.Kanagy@dc.gov

Chelsey said...

There are bikes in front of the Giant at 14th & Park as well!