Aside from what I've written about before, there's also going to be bocce and a ton of DC State Fair events: tastiest tomato, a photography contest, pie contest, best jam, biggest vegetable, biggest veggie in a container, best pickle, funkiest-looking vegetable, and even a homebrew beer contest and party.
Some of the contests' deadlines have already passed, but others you can still enter, and all will have their winners announced at the fair. For the beer, you can sample it at the party this Friday.
Along with the State Fair events, here's everything else!
1. Live Music11:00 am Electric 11s (rock) @ Main Stage12:15 pm Czars of Leisure (rock) @ Main Stage1:30 pm The Chariots (reggae) @ Main Stage2:45 pm La Unica Irish Band @ Main Stage4:15 pm Armchairs (rock) @ Main Stage5:45 pm Flex Matthews (hip hop) @ Main Stage
2. Food- "Taste of Columbia Heights" with free samples from local businesses- Popular DC food trucks on Kenyon St.- All-day specials at neighborhood restaurants and bars (this link has all the specials http://bit.ly/CHDAYMAP)
3. Cute Animals- Dog Show with prizes for best trick and best dog at 10:30 am- Petting Zoo
4. Silly Contests- King & Queen of Columbia Heights Competition- Sticky Fingers cupcake eating competition
- Two stages of live music and dance performances
- Petting Zoo & Kids Zone, featuring fun games and family entertainment
- “Taste of Columbia Heights” food booths and popular DC food trucks
- First-ever “DC State Fair” with prizes for best homemade pie or cupcake, homegrown tomato and more
- Columbia Heights Community Marketplace farmers’ market
- Cupcake eating contest, sponsored by Sticky Fingers Bakery
- NEW! King & Queen of Columbia Heights competition
- Morning yoga workshop from Quiet Mind Yoga, Dog Show and neighborhood bike tour
- Appearances by city officials and political candidates
- More than 80 local businesses and community groups
- All-day specials at neighborhood restaurants and bars
- Even more performances all day at BloomBars (3222 11th St. NW)
- After Hours Party post-festival at neighborhood bars, sponsored by OnTap
Their website has the full schedule.