Friday, April 16, 2010

Z-Burger coming to the neighborhood

Looks like burgers are about to become more plentiful in the neighborhood. Via the Wash Biz Journal, it looks like DC burger chain Z-Burger is trying to come to the neighborhood. The reporter from Biz Journal said they wouldn't specify where exactly, but there do appear to be some open spots in DCUSA. Hopefully they're not taking the Ellwood Thompson's space.

I wonder if the neighborhood can support two fast burger places -- Five Guys and Z-Burger. I would assume yes. Z-Burger's two current locations, in Tenleytown and Glover Park both get 3.5 stars out of 5 on Yelp. It looks like folks say they're better than Ollie's Trolley downtown, so that's something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Z-Burger in Tenley really only survives because there is no Five Guys anywhere close. I don't think they stand a chance in direct competition

Anonymous said...

I dunno man, their burgers are pretty good. And they have awesome shakes. If this neighborhood can support a half dozen taco/pupusa/chicken joints, I think it can handle Z-Burger.

Anonymous said...

Zburger will at least have the people with nut allergy market.

Wimpy said...

"Better than Ollie's Trolley" is a pretty low bar.

Anonymous said...

I think Ollie's is good. Much better than Five Guys, certainly, which is way overrated (only American cheese? really?). I haven't tried this place, but I am happy for a Five Guys alternative. I do wonder where they are going (lots of options, certainly space available in not only DCUSA but also the Tivoli, Park Triangle, Highland Park). And I'm stoked in particular for the shakes ... just too bad we aren't getting a sushi place, too! Good sushi will make a KILLING in CH.

E said...

re: sushi, as you may recall they actually went bust.

Larry said...

Z-Burger is head and shoulders above 5 Guys. Anyone who says otherwise is nutsy fruitsy.