Friday, February 26, 2010

Thawed out dog poop sucks

So here's a pet peeve I've heard a few times: during the blizzard's aftermath, you may have noticed a lot of dog poop that people chose not to pick up on top of the snow or frozen, unshoveled sidewalks. Well, now that the snow is mostly melted, that poop is down on the sidewalks, and it's all over the place. Pretty disgusting.

I hope people will pick up their dog's poop, no matter what kind of weather it is. Just because it's cold out and the poop freezes, it doesn't mean it will remain that way. Plus that out-of-the-way place your dog pooped might actually be on the sidewalk when the snow thaws. And it's no fun at all to avoid both frozen snow and piles of dog poop.

10 comments:

Amy Kunz said...

Amen! thanks for writing this! I am a dog owner and have noticed this nasty habit too. Pick it up, folks! the snow plows are not catching it. and soon we will be back to wear our "cute" shoes not our big snow boots and we don't want to be stepping in it.

dtrain said...

I agree! I have been grumbling for a week about this, to everyone i know! With all this wind, I now hope there isn't some sort of strange poo tornado! gross. Amy is right, poo in cute shoes is so much worse than poo in boots.

Anonymous said...

This drives me bat sh*t crazy. I don't understand why people think this is ok.

Katie said...

There is a pile so large in front of my apartment building that I've wondered if it was human. Seriously people, clean your dog's crap up!

Vito said...

You all think it is bad where you live? Come visit the Shaw neighborhood. A couple of years ago, a female friend came to vist and stepped in a big pile. She had a freah pedi...needless to say it was an uneventful evening. She was very peed.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else have a sh!t ton of garbage blowing around the sidewalks around their home? This and the poo make for a nice walk to work.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's hipster poo? They can't hold in because of all the PBR.

13th and You said...

Amen, brother. I had to tell my kindergartener not to play in the huge snowpiles because they are basically riddled with melting poo. So sad.

Anonymous said...

I saw someone last week let their dog pee and sh** on the green in the civic park where people will sit once spring comes ... we need a sign out there

Anonymous said...

Anyonmous, next time you see someone letting their dog pee and poop on the civic plaza, take out your cameraphone... such people need to be publicly shamed...