Monday, February 15, 2010

Be careful in the snow! Burned car blocking alley on 11th

Saw this on the Columbia Heights Yahoo list today:
I was trying to back my car out of our driveway in the 3500 block of 11th St NW this evening and it got stuck in the snow, overheated, and caught on fire. It is out and no one was hurt, but the vehicle is destroyed. I have been in touch with the police, fire department, my insurer, and towing services, but due to the ice in the alley it has not been able to be moved yet. I just want to apologize to anyone who is inconvenienced.
That stinks. Be careful if you're stuck, don't want that to happen to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cars aren't supposed to burst into flame just because they're stuck. Something else was wrong there.

dano said...

@Anonymous: user error being the largest factor.