Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Abandoned House Watch success story: 3004 13th St NW



Always nice to see an abandoned house get fixed up: 3004 13th Street NW was the first in my Abandoned House Watch series, and it's also on my blog's banner (on the far left).

After a bit of sleuthing, it turned out that the house was owned by DC government, and had sat vacant for years. I contacted Jim Graham, who got me in touch with other DC government folks, and eventually I found that it was being auctioned off. It took awhile for that to happen (I first wrote about it in July 2007) and now, as you can see above, it's fixed up. It looks brand new, which is great -- always nice to have a house back on the tax rolls, with some new residents soon to be living in it.

Anyway, a happy ending. If you know of any abandoned houses that you'd like to see me take a look at, email me: newcolumbiaheights(at)gmail(dot)com

1 comment:

IMGoph said...

fantastic! a true-to-the-house redo, unlike the abomination that was winning praise here.