Monday, November 2, 2009

Cate Blanchett shops at Target

So I posted about Cate Blanchett being spotted at the Columbia Heights Metro, and I wondered why she was in the area. I followed up with the spotter on Twitter and it turns out she saw Ms. Blanchett shopping at Target. Another commenter saw her looking at ottomans in the furniture section.

Pretty funny and cool -- I would have thought that a famous movie actress would have an assistant or something to do stuff like that. I guess that just means that Columbia Heights is the coolest and attracts all the movie stars. Take that, Georgetown and fancy stores on lower 14th Street!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assumed the ottamans remark was a sarcastic joke.

Andrew said...

Don't think so, two different people said they saw her in the furniture area.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I also saw her in the Safeway at the Watergate last Tuesday while I was buying chocolate chips. I'm pretty sure that's about the lamest place in the city... so that may kill your theory that she only hangs out in cool locales.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think this indicates that she's very down-to-earth. I liked her before, but now I think she's really cool! And I do love your theory that Columbia Heights is a great place to hang out - because quite frankly, it is!