Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Street Booze: Hennessey on Girard Street



This is part of a new series called Street Booze, where I document the various bottles of booze found tossed around the neighborhood. I always see bottles everywhere, and it's kind of interesting. What kind of booze is it? Why here? Why not use a trash can? I plan on doing about one every week or two, so don't expect to see them all the time.

What: Small glass bottle Hennessey
Where: On Girard Street between 13th and 14th.

I've never had Hennessey, is it any good?

8 comments:

MandarinZazz said...

This is the best new blog series I've seen in DC so far.

As far as Hennessy, it's a classy drink for taking your date out to the local street corner.

The owner of this bottle probably ditched it when he took his girl to the closest alley to get some action.

kleinschmidt said...

I've never had Hennessy before, but this feature is awesome.

Danielle said...

I hope this continues every week. I love it. Hennessy is a bit ashy in flavor, but the flavor varies between grades. It's also the preferred libation of Kim Jong-Il, so, you know, he was probably getting crunk on your street I assume.

dan said...

Great series - I've termed them "Urban Floaters". Hennessy is pretty bad straight up, which is how this was probably consumed, although possibly en papillote.

Andrew said...

Thanks all.

Danielle -- one can only hope!

Anonymous said...

I hope to crap you pick up the bottles and throw them out after you take a picture.

Andrew said...

I do indeed

David H said...

hoping to crap is blasphemy