Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Power outage in Columbia Heights

Is your power out? A couple friends on Park Rd near 13th and 11th have contacted me this morning saying their power is out, and Pepco's suprisingly useful map shows just that. To add insult to injury, one friend called the city's 311 line and it wouldn't go through, maybe because she has T-Mobile. Doh!

If your power is out, let me know in the comments!

UPDATE: According to commenters, parts of Monroe and 13th are also out. The Pepco service number is 1(877)PEPCO-62

UPDATE 2: Commenters say Pepco told them 3 pm is the estimated time for it to be back on. Doh.

UPDATE 3: Some commenters say their power is back on, while others say Pepco has given longer deadlines for restoring power.

10 comments:

laura said...

I live on 13th between Kenyon and Park and my power was out when I got home last night around 9. Still out this morning when I left for work at 8. Thanks for posting info on your blog, wasnt sure if it was only my house. Please post any further details you hear!

David said...

Half of my block (Monroe between 13th & 11th) went out last night and still hasn't come on as if 10:45 this morning

Random Destiny said...

Didn't notice anything at Park and 11th.

John Dewar said...

I've had no issues at 16th and Park. Also, 311 goes through just fine on my T-Mobile phone, so I don't know what's up with that.

Anonymous said...

We are at 13th and Park and ours went out right around 9pm last night and was still out this morning. When I called Pepco this morning the system knew about the outage and said the estimated 'back on' time is 3:00pm (but, last night it said it was 11:00pm last night). There were at least 3 Pepco trucks on Park across from the Giant this morning, presumably working on it.

Joseph said...

I didn't lose mine and also live on Monroe between 11th and 13th. Basement unit though

Erin said...

I am at 13th and Park and happy to inform all of you at work worrying about your perishables and pet goldfish- electricity is finally back up!

(or at least on my block)

Alison said...

I live at 13th and Monroe and the power wasn't out at home but I noticed at 5am when I left for work that two of the four street lights at the intersection were out, making for a sketchy walk to my car in the dark! hopefully all is resolved now.

Anonymous said...

I live on 13th and Lamont. I'm at the office so I'm not sure if power is back. I called PEPCO and they said (a recording) that the power will be back at 2:00 PM but when I checked on the website it shows 8:00 PM. Any news? This seems ridiculous, more than 14 hours with no power!

Anonymous said...

I'm at 11th and Park and our power was still out when I left for work this morning. No idea what the status is now, but Pepco's outage map doesn't look promising. Their estimate for getting the power back on was listed as 5am tomorrow morning.