Wednesday, September 9, 2009

J. Bell's Winghouse -- good stuff

A new wing place, J. Bell's Winghouse, opened up a few weeks ago at Euclid and Georgia and I paid them a visit last week. The verdict: good.

I went into the small yellow building (take-out and I believe delivery only) and the guy behind the counter was very helpful -- they have 8 different wing sauces and he said lots of folks have been getting a combination of the spicy sauce and the 24-KT honey mustard, and gave me a sample of the combo. I opted for the medium and the 24-KT and it was very tasty. They also have dinners that come with sides and bread, sandwiches (chicken, fish or pork), plus fried chicken & waffles, which sounds awesome.

I think the guy who runs it lives in the area, as I saw him the next day down the street and he asked if I were getting any wings today. Pretty friendly guy, and I'll definitely be getting the wings again. Their full menu is on their website.

J. Bell's Winghouse is at 715 Euclid Street NW

Photo from their website

10 comments:

Brandon Green said...

I ate there not too long ago--enjoyed it too.

Sam said...

I love this place. Julius is all about "fryin' wings hard." He gave us a lecture about how you can tell a wing is good if the bone is still white once you're done eating it.

ShermGuy said...

Just went tonight...Excellent wings. Best I've had in a long while. Sides are delicious too.

kleinschmidt said...

I haven't eaten here yet but it's on my list of things to do. I live right next door, and Nick (the middle guy in the photo) is my downstairs neighbor. The yellow color is great and I love having a place like this on my street.

JamGyal84 said...

I went there today and ordered a fish dinner with mac and cheese and red beans and rice...and it was by far one of the worst I have had. I food was bland and underseasoned (mac and cheese tasted like it came out of a box and the red beans and rice had zero flavor),and the service sucked ( why did I have to wait 30 minutes for a fish dinner!?!?). Maybe I should have gotten wings but I was craving fried fish... I wont be going back I will drive the extra ten minutes and go to J J's Fish and Chicken up on Georgia Avenue for my fried fish fix...

MandarinZazz said...

@JamGyl84

The place is called Winghouse. I would have gone with the chicken wings.

it's be like going to Fish and Stuff and getting the pizza or chinese and saying you will never go back.

Go back when you have a wing craving:)

Gordon said...

In my opinion J Bell's has the best wings in DC and I'm no slouch when it comes to wing-eating. The wings are always cooked perfectly and the sauces are great. If you like wings you will like this place. J Bells!!!

mercedes said...

I love this place it is so convenient and the wings are excellent. I can walk across from my class at HU and get some 24K wings and I'm good for the rest of my classes. Highly Recommended for brkfst, lunch, or dinner. Oh! I use him for catering too...students love wings!!

Anonymous said...

I ate there on 1/12/10 coming from ATL the wings were great but the customer service WAS EXCELLENT thanks J.Bells

Sally said...

The wings and fried turkey are fabulous.