Monday, September 28, 2009

Fenty dedicates the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza

After some delay, it happened -- the mayor and crew dedicated the Columbia Heights Civic Plaza at the triangle bordered by 14th, Park and Kenyon.

The Plaza is pretty nice, I was sitting out there on Sunday and there was a nice crowd -- some kids playing, couples sitting on the grass, families relaxing on the benches. I took a few more photos here.

I guess the solar panel things aren't getting the leaves after all, but I think they look pretty good. Much better once they were just metal poles and not the lumpy padding stuff they had before.

3 comments:

Alex said...

did they turn on the fountain?

Mark said...

yep. looks nice, although some of the jets seem to be lacking pressure.

M said...

Love the fountain. A few blocks from my place so have passed it quite a bit. People are gathering and hanging out, kids running through the streams, dogs...very neighborhoody.