Monday, August 31, 2009

Meeting tonight on the Howard Town Center development

Tonight the Pleasant Plains Civic Association and Howard University are hosting a neighborhood meeting about Howard Town Center, a new development coming to Georgia Ave just north of U Street.

The project will have 300+ residential units and 90,000 square feet of retail, according to the release from the PPCA. Here's some more from DC Metrocentric and the Washington Business Journal. To me it looks like some kind of weird 1970s modernism, like L'Enfant Plaza.

The meeting is at the Emergence Community Arts Collective at 733 Euclid Street NW, which is across from Banneker High School, from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. I don't think I can make it, but let me know what happens if you go!

Photo from DC Metrocentric via Goetz Group Architects


Alex said...

yikes, I thought that was an old picture. That building's ugly!

Mysterion said...

That is a horribly disgusting building. Out. Dated.