Friday, August 14, 2009

Columbia Hype: Deals at CommonWealth

Here's this week's Columbia Hype, from the good folks at 2BloxDC

Don't let the words "Frog in a Puff" or "Scotch Eggs" scare you. CommonWealth not only has some of the best food in the neighborhood, they also have a lively pub. Tuesdays are movie nights starting at 10pm, with such modern day classics as Snatch. On Friday and Saturdays, their patio stays open until 1am and the pub until 3am with $2 canned beer specials. Then finish up the weekend every other Sunday with our favorite trivia host, Dalton! Check out these and other wacky weekly events at 2bloxDC.

CommonWealth is at 1400 Irving St NW

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sad fact is I think they're just going for all the deals possible to bring in the business. I still don't know why they're open for weekday lunch.

Mackenzie said...

Scotch eggs are good! Haven't had one in nearly 10 years, but I recall them being a way to make sausage that even meat-hating picky eaters (like me) like. (I now call myself "vegetarian" instead of "picky" :P)

Jason B said...

Overrated and over priced. The best thing they have is the mustard.

Anonymous said...

Jason B. you are correct my good man. If Chili's and Ruby Tuesdays some how met and fuuukkkkeedd... thier comerical baby would be Comonwealth...