Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Statehood graffiti at Georgia and Kenyon



A pal sent this over, it's some pro-DC Statehood graffiti next to the Shepherd Fairey Obama poster on a building at the corner of Georgia and Kenyon. I've seen this 51 logo around elsewhere too, like on U Street.

I'm not sold on statehood, but it's interesting to see that it's getting more play lately. As for the location, I'm not sure exactly where it is, so I can't say if it's an abandoned building or not. It looks like this picture is at same place but earlier, and with a different poster, this time of anarchist Emma Goldman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it relates to DC statehood and not the situation in Iran? "Where's my vote" became a slogan of Mousavi supporters...

Andrew said...

Pretty sure the 51 thing is a statehood thing, however

Anonymous said...

It's 100% about statehood.