Monday, April 20, 2009

Now I know what CTU means



Kind of hard to see, but this is some graffiti on a seat on one of the 14th Street buses. I see graffiti reading "CTU" around the neighborhood, as it's one of the local "crews" (aka small gangs), but now I know the meaning - Clifton Terrace University. I assume that's the Clifton Terrace buildings and University Place, a short street that runs between Fairmont and Clifton between 14th and 15th Streets. The other tags on this seat say 14-n-R.

Anyway, if you see any gang graffiti around the neighborhood, like CTU or LC, you can report it to the city and they'll clean it off - src.dc.gov.

2 comments:

Outlaw Torn said...

I just found that these morons carved and then drew over in perm. marker 'CTU' into a wood panel in an elevator in my office building on New York Avenue a block from the McPherson metro...

AlphaTango said...

I thought it was Counter Terrorism Unit! :)