Monday, February 9, 2009

Seen any gargoyles lately?

I wrote about a resident who a few weeks ago had some young vandals steal his gargoyles, and now he's looking for those missing gargoyles. Apparently they look like Bill the Cat from the Opus comic strip (pictured). Here's his plea:
A week or so ago, I posted about how vandals came into our front yard and stole our Gargoyles. It looks like they pried them off in one piece, so I expect they are somewhere nearby or have been resold.

I would really like to find out where they are. If anyone has seen them, please let me know. No questions asked! Maybe even a reward...

They're pretty unique, and I have been trying to find a photo them. But it looks like we didn't take any photos, so let me describe them: they are stone, about two feet tall (maybe less) and a a foot and a half deep. 8 inches or so wide. Painted brown, with some orange and a few other colors. They're a bit weird: they look like a gothic cat with small wings and a snake like tail, with they're tongues sticking out. Sort of like a medieval Bill the Cat from the old Opus comic strip.

They are pretty heavy, and they were stolen from around the 13th st and Kenyon intersection (near Tubman school). If anyone sees anything resembling them in someone's yard, or in an alley, or perhaps just wants to return them (no questions asked), I would really appreciate finding out. Please email me.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help.
If you see them, you can contact him via the Yahoo group post, or let me know and I'll give him a buzz.

No comments: