Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still trying to rent for Inauguration?

I wrote earlier in the month about renting your place out for Inauguration, and how I wasn't having much luck. I just did a longer piece for DCist with more about it. In short, it seems like a lot of hype and very little results.

Most people who put their place on Craigslist didn't get a response, and those who got their places rented did so because they knew somebody or through a school listserve, and most were for much less than had been hyped - $300 a day instead of $1000 or $2000 a day. D'oh.

So how about you? Renting your place? Any luck?

3 comments:

20Something said...

I havn't had any luck on craigslist. does anyone know in inauguralhomes.com is working better than craigslist?

Cathy said...

I have been using airbed and breakfast and have booked out my house like a hostel and it has been GREAT! The girls staying with me are international travelers and I look forward to partying with all of them! My totals have added up over $300 a night!

Andrew said...

Cathy, can you email me? newcolumbiaheights@gmail.com

Thanks.