Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shoe store in the hood

I've been meaning to write more about Simply Soles, the shoe store that opened up at 1438 Park Road NW a few months ago - they sell designer women's shoes, including some the owner, Kassie Rempel, designed herself. Rempel also writes a blog about the store, and there are often sales and such going on.

I'm interested to see how they do, as most of the retail in the neighborhood is of the chain and not boutique variety.

Obviously I'm not too into women's shoes, but I appreciate when new, local non-chain businesses open - pay them a visit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you think it screams gentrification?

Andrew said...

Sure, but don't most of the new things in the neighborhood?

Anonymous said...

who cares if it scream gentrification? Does that mean ANY change or new business is gentrifiction? There is also a new Pho 75 restaurant opening. Is that gentrification. Good grief, Columbia Heights and gentrification, aren't we tired of that conversation yet.
some people have money, some people will spend hundreds of dollars on shoes. Get over it.

Claudia said...

I bought a gorgous pair of Lillybee shoes at Simply Soles. Nothing you'd find at Macy's or another mega dept store. Worth every cent I spent. Note to Clothing & Shoe Merchants: Not everyone in CH shops at Payless and Marshalls. If you sell guality merchandise, people will buy it!

Anonymous said...

I love me some payless. I can put shoes on all my chilrens, mmmhmmm. Laronda and I gets the best orange platforms themz.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...

If you're just going to post offensive stuff, I'm going to delete it.

shoecartel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.