Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Panda Express


Panda Express
Originally uploaded by squidpants
As mentioned in the previous post, I went to the new Panda Express on Irving Street near 14th last night. The verdict: decent. It's basically fast food Chinese -- there's a buffet type thing and you choose various entrees and sides and they scoop it into your plate (or take-out box). I had the Thai cashew chicken and string bean tofu with chow mein, and my buddy had the Kung Pao chicken.

Most of it was ok - the Thai chicken wasn't very Thai or cashew tasting, and the string bean tofu was bland, while the chow mein was pretty good. My buddy said the Kung Pao was decent. I also had the spring rolls, which were kind of mushy.

In short, not the place to take a date, but decent if you want something quick after work.

6 comments:

John Dewar said...

or you could walk a couple of blocks over to Mount Pleasant and check out Adam Express. Fresh made Korean and Chinese food, as well as sushi. Knocks the pants off of Panda.

Andrew said...

I've heard good things about that place. Not in Columbia Heights though! :)

Anonymous said...

Any word on Columbia Heights Coffee addition?

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of panda express. Their signature dish is the orange chicken! You have to get the orange chicken!

Andrew said...

Anon #1, I'll look into it

Anon #2 Duly noted!

Bob said...

Andrew: I do the NEast real estae for PX.We just had our reional chef visit the store. I would like to send you a few coupons to have you revisit at our expense. please email yur address to bob.brownstein@pandarg.com