Friday, August 22, 2008

Commonwealth is packed!

Some friends and I went by Commonwealth on Wednesday at about 8:45 pm, and it was packed! There was a 45 minute wait, and there were tons of people at the bar too. Good sign for that place, as well as the other new places coming, like Zinnia (Mediterranean Caribbean) and Sake Club (Sushi/Japanese).

I also emailed owner Jamie Leeds about being closed Mondays, here's her response:

"We plan on opening on Mondays in the future, but for a new restaurant opening it serves the staff best to have a day off."

8 comments:

Rachel said...

There's been a bunch of griping about the prices, beer selection, etc. at Commonwealth, but frankly, I'm loving the place. I've been there many times since it opened, and I've really enjoyed it. Good to hear they will be open on Mondays eventually and I've been told by the bartenders that brunch will start in another month or so.

IsmeSon said...

The Commonwealth formula works. And its hearty menu will become more enticing in the fast approaching cooler months. Zinnia, as its sign says, will serve new Caribbean cuisine. I cannot wait for that Richmond-based organic grocer to open across the street!

Andrew said...

Thanks, got the wrong -ean

Neil said...

Good news; I can't wait to try it. Speaking of restaurants, what the heck is going on with Royal Blue in the Kenyon Square building? Nothing seems to have happened there in 9 months or more.

Adam said...

According to the Heights Life, the Royal Blue space is still sparse, but they say they'll be open in the fall.

http://theheightslife.blogspot.com/2008/08/finally-some-news-on-royal-blue-bistro.html

Anonymous said...

When is Sake Club opening? And when did the organic grocery store confirm?

Andrew said...

Anon, not sure about Sake Club, and the organic grocery hasn't confirmed as far as I know.

nolageek said...

So much for the nay-sayers saying it'd never last. I haven't been yet, but I look forward to eating there soon. (I'm trying to catch it when it's not so crowded!)