Thursday, July 10, 2008

First trip to Five Guys

I went to the new Five Guys at 14th and Irving last week. The verdict - tasty. It took awhile to get my burger, about 10 minutes, but it was good when I got it. However, another lady who had been in line said something like "I asked for no mayo!" when we were walking down the street.

They also have the signature free peanuts, though they're off to the side and kind of hidden. But the burger was good, fries were tasty, and the bag was nice and greasy. I wonder if Columbia Heights waistlines are going to start expanding.

2 comments:

GforGood said...

I think you meant "continue expanding". :)

Having said that, I went too and it was pretty yummy. Had just a burger. What I did not like is how muchy the bun is. Still, a great addition to CH!

Sooka said...

I went in this past Friday for the first time. It was super busy and extremely crowded, what with all the young people out of school. The hot dog tasted weirdly salty but the burgers were very good even though they were falling apart on the grill (I watched the guy cooking for the entire 30 min I waited for my order) they were tasty and the order was correct. It didn't strike me as your typical Five Guys, but hey, they're just starting out.