Friday, July 18, 2008

Another cleaners coming

Just noticed that the storefront at 13th and Florida has a sign saying "Cleaners coming soon." The place was a barbershop before. I guess that's good for people in that area, but does the neighborhood really need another cleaners? Do people in Columbia Heights have very dirty clothes? Do they roll around in the mud all the time? There are at least four cleaners I can think of on 14th between Fairmont and Park, and then there's the one across from the Giant, and I think a few on 11th too.

Personally, I would have rather seen a little bar or restaurant go in that location. Oh well.

2 comments:

Park Road Guy said...

I hear what you're saying, but it seems like this place has really high demand for cleaners. I think it's all the folks with suit-jobs.

GforGood said...

And, given the choise between a barber shop and cleaners.. I would say cleaners are still in way shorter supply.. :D