Monday, June 30, 2008

Petition for Dog Park in the neighborhood

EDIT: I got my green spaces mixed up in the original post, please see below for the correct post.

Earlier I mentioned some people working to get a dog park at the southeast corner of 11th and Park, which is a little green space with some Metro vents. Now the folks working towards that have created an online petition to send to the city council. Check it out.

Seems like a good idea to me, why not use an underutilized space? Of course, there are some issues, such as getting neighbors to agree, seeing if there are space issues (it seems to be below the usual 5,000 square feet required), etc.

Anybody else have comments about the dog park idea?

3 comments:

Jon said...

I hate grass, so I support this plan to take an awful open green space and have a bunch of dogs run and crap all over it.

Andrew said...

I see your point, but it's just a vacant lot with a few cars parked on it now.

Andrew said...

Ooops, my mistake Jon. I got the locations messed up.