Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cookies?

Today at about 9 am (don't tell boss) I was at the Columbia Heights Metro. And it smelled like cookies. Or maybe cake. It was strong too, as if Metro had a big oven filled with tasty sweets.

I looked around and didn't see any folks with foil covered trays or tupperware bowls full of cookies, so I have no idea. It almost smelled like it was coming from the vents. If this is some kind of anti-terrorist gas weapon, I am in favor of it.

Photo by athena, under Creative Commons license

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Maybe someone was baking nearby with an open window? Either way, it's a nice aroma to combat exhaust smell from the intersection...

Yesterday I was walking by the Columbia Heights Metro station, and there was an ice cream truck giving away M&M ice cream bars to bypassers! Everyone had ice cream. It felt so summery!

Andrew said...

Oh man! I missed it! I'm a big fan of free stuff, especially ice cream.

Anonymous said...

I know at the Highland Park apartments they bake Otis Spunkmeyer cookies everyday to attract future tenants.

Andrew said...

Surely you jest

Alison said...

Doesn't Potbelly's bake their cookies fresh every morning? That's my guess, unless you were near the other entrance

Andrew said...

could be, although I was on the other side

Anonymous said...

STOP SMELLING MY COOKIES